PAEA 2017 Call for Proposals
Proposals Due June 9, 2017
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposals are submitted online. Submitting your proposal online ensures that processing will be more efficient than submitting a paper copy. You will get an email saying we have received your proposal, then later an email saying whether the proposal has been accepted.
Online submission form (click here)
Presenters must provide their own technology as needed (laptop, extension cords, projectors, extra light bulbs, speakers, etc.). Last day to submit proposals is Friday, June 9th, 2017.
In order for your proposal to be considered for review, the following criteria must be met:
- On-line submission form is completed
- Proposal demonstrates relevance to conference theme and/or alignment with one or more of the NAEA Strategic Plan categories: Community, Advocacy, Learning, Research and Knowledge, Organizational Vibrancy.
- A current (renewed) NAEA/PAEA membership number is REQUIRED for the lead presenter on each proposal.
- Session Title (10 words or less)
- Main Objective of Session (what you hope this presentation will accomplish)
- Short description for publication (30 words or less; this is what will get published underneath the title of your session in the conference program)
- Detailed description of session (150 words or less; this will be read by those reviewing the proposals)
- Intended audience (of the following choices: all, elementary division, middle division, secondary division, higher education division, retired division, administration/supervision division, students and young professionals.
- Session category (of the following choices: best practice, hands-on demonstration, hands-on workshop, performance, research lecture, interactive discussion, panel presentation.
- Act 48 - Indicate your qualifications and interest in offering your presentation as act 48 hours for certified teachers. A set of questions will pertain to the eligibility of your session to be part of act 48 offerings.
|Session Category||Description||Amount of Time|
|Best Practice Presentation||Discussion of exemplary lessons, instructional practices, programs, and/or initiatives followed by Q&A||25 or 50 minutes|
|Hands-on Demonstration||Demonstration of an artistic technique, arts-based method, or pedagogical approach.||25 or 50 minutes|
|Hands-on Studio Workshop||Studio art-making session. If accepted, presenters will be reimbursed for materials up to $75||2 hour ticketed session|
|Performance||Arts-based performance||25 or 50 minutes|
|Research Lecture||Presentation of academic papers and/or discussion of research||25 or 50 minutes|
|Interactive Discussion/Roundtable||Participatory discussion about art education issues/topics among presenter and attendees||25 or 50 minutes|